- Would you like to win the Cox Plate & Melbourne Cup? This is the ideal colt to aim at those races. We were the under-bidder on JAMEKA and this time we decided to team up with Ciaron Maher with this magnificent stayer.
- A truly outstanding colt who is a ‘text-book’ physical specimen by Melbourne Cup winner AMERICAIN (11-time winner from 1400m–3200m).
- From one of the World’s best & most influential families that includes the likes of DANEHILL, NORTHERN DANCER, BAGO, MACHIAVELLIAN, WAY OF LIGHT, ORPEN, LA PREVOYANTE etc.
- We all know how dominant the internationals have been in our biggest staying races in Australia and in particular the French, Japanese and US horses. This colt is from an exceptional international family that has excelled in those jurisdictions, so there is no doubt it can excel in Australia too. In fact, it already has with horses like Caulfield Cup winner & Cox Place 2nd placegetter DIATRIBE, ANANPOUR, AL SAMER, THAT’S A GOOD IDEA, SUPIDO etc.
- Out of a HUSSONET broodmare. HUSSONET broodmares have already produced 11 individual Group 1 winners including EXTREME CHOICE along with other elite performers like GUNNISON, PARIAH, LUCKY BUBBLES, I’M ALL THE TALK & PANZER DIVISION.
- To be trained by boom trainer Ciaron Maher, the same trainer as current Group 1 Caulfield Cup winner and staying sensation JAMEKA!
- Other highly credentialed Ciaron Maher-trained runners include; SRIKANDI, AZKADELLIA, SET SQUARE, TEARS I CRY, BASHBOY, BON AURUM, MR O’CEIRIN, MOUDRE, AL GARHOOD, PETITS FILOUS etc.
You won’t find a nicer type. . .
In terms of conformation and movement this colt is as good as it gets. He oozes class in everything he does and being a descendant from the influential family that brought us NORTHERN DANCER, DANEHILL and MACHIAVELLIAN, it comes as no surprise he looks as magnificent as his forefathers.
He is perfectly balanced, with a slick and athletic build about him that shouts of a high-class staying make-up. When it comes to selecting a horse with the Melbourne Cup or Cox Plate in mind, this colt ticks EVERY box.
Internationally-bred horses have fared phenomenally well in Australia’s valuable staying races, and this colt possesses the most sought-after bloodlines from America, Europe and Japan.
Through Group 1 Melbourne Cup winner AMERICAIN our colt is by a sire with an impeccable staying bloodline deriving from Champion sire in the USA HAIL TO REASON, while HUSSONET mare LAVENHAM is from an elite family that has produced multiple Champion racehorses, including Group 1 Arc de Triomphe winner BAGO, and the most influential bloodline in racing in NORTHERN DANCER.
The family has also exerted a significant impact in Australia, with Group 1 Caulfield Cup winner and Group 1 Cox Plate runner-up DIATRIBE and Group 1 placed SUPIDO, a half-brother to LAVENHAM, achieving notable success.
HUSSONET broodmares have produced an incredible 11 Group 1 winners, including EXTREME CHOICE, while the breeding cross between DYNAFORMER (sire of AMERICAIN) and broodmares deriving from the sire line of MR PROSPECTOR (sire of HUSSONET), has likewise produced 11 Group 1 winners including Kentucky Derby hero BARBARO.
Bred and raised on the notorious fields of Gilgai Farm, the producers of BLACK CAVIAR, ALL TOO HARD and JAMEKA, this colt has had the best start in racing.
He is to be trained by Ciaron Maher, a world class trainer of staying prospects who has masterminded the career of Caulfield Cup and recent BMW winner JAMEKA, leaving this colt in the hands of Australia’s best.
An emphatic winner of the Melbourne Cup. . .
American bred and French trained, AMERICAIN became an honorary Australian when he swooped over the top of the field to claim the 2010 edition of the Melbourne Cup, often proclaimed as the strongest running of the race with MALUCKYDAY in second and Champion Australian colt SO YOU THINK in third.
It was after a move to Alain de Royer-Dupre that the son of DYNAFORMER began to make his mark, and in Australia where he was at his scintillating best, arriving at the Melbourne Cup unbeaten in four races, claiming the Geelong Cup on his prior start before striking at Flemington on the first Tuesday of November.
A winner of 11 races from 1400m to 3200m in his six-year career, nine of which at Stakes level, AMERICAIN was crowned Champion Stayer in Australia during his profitable 2010-11 campaign, and was also Champion Older Stayer in Europe in 2010 and 2011.
A tough horse with a tremendous aptitude for racing, AMERICAIN returned to the scene of his greatest triumph, producing an excellent display to finish fourth in the 2011 Melbourne Cup as a six-year-old.
While loved and cherished as a racehorse, his pedigree suggests he could make for an even better sire.
His sire line derives from the coveted bloodline of HAIL TO REASON through the champion racehorse in both the UK and Ireland ROBERTO, who himself sired Melbourne Cup winner AT TALAQ.
He is a half-brother to three Stakes-grade horses in AMARAK, SPYCRAWLER and LAST BORN and is out of a mare by ARAZI, the same damsire as Group 1 winners ELECTROCUTIONIST, LAHUDOOD and HE’S YOUR MAN.
With such a strong pedigree behind him he is destined to become a top class sire, and if this colt is anything to judge by, he will be a sire of highest order.
From the family that has produced the most influential bloodline in racing. . .
Our colt is blessed with deriving from the same decorated family as the one that has produced the most successful and influential bloodlines in modern day racing in NORTHERN DANCER and DANEHILL.
LAVENHAM is a direct descendant of NATALMA, the dam of NORTHERN DANCER, who became a Champion Racehorse and is now widely recognised as the most decorated sire in the world.
DANEHILL is another relative of our colt, who has exerted a immense influence in the Australian breeding industry and beyond, as the most dominant sire in the modern era and then a most successful sire of sires.
This is a family that has left its mark in whichever country it ventures. Within the family we find no less than an incredible eleven Champion racehorses under the first six dams with the likes of COUP DE GENIE and DENEBOLA both Champion 2YO Fillies in France, while Arc de Triomphe winner BAGO became Champion 2YO and 3YO Colt in Europe, collecting five prestigious Group 1 victories, following on from MACHIAVELLIAN and WAY OF LIGHT, who both also claimed the mantle of Champion 2YO Colt in Europe and France respectively.
The list of Group 1 winners is endless, with EXIT TO NOWHERE, a winner of the prestigious Prix Jacques le Marois and MAXIOS, who claimed the Prix du Moulin de Longchamp and Prix d’Ispahan, while EMOLLIENT is a four-time Group 1 winner in America.
The family has made significant inroads in Australia, with recent Group 1 placed SUPIDO and DIATRIBE (pictured), a winner of the Caulfield Cup in a record-breaking time and Cox Plate runner-up, increasing the breadth of influence this family possesses.
He’s got several big shoes to fill however the quality of the ancestors our colt can boast gives him the most coveted, proven bloodlines from the world over.
Join us in the journey as this fantastic colt seeks to continue the family tradition!
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $6,200,000 Melbourne Cup
- $3,000,000 Caulfield Cup
- $3,000,000 Cox Plate
- $5,000,000 Inglis race series (already nominated)
In December 2016, Racing Victoria followed their New South Wales counterparts in announcing significant increases in prizemoney. With $100,000 on offer for all 2YO, 3YO and Open Handicap Saturday Metropolitan races.