- An EXCEPTIONAL colt by boom first-season sire, EPAULETTE, a multiple Group 1 winner on the racetrack and three-quarter brother to Champion 2YO HELMET
- An ideal sprinter/miler type of colt and real stallion prospect
- Sire an emphatic winner of the Group 1 Golden Rose and trained by Peter Snowden, the trainer of our colt
- A very potent genetic make-up and from the magnificent family of SCARLET RAIN and TOORAK TOFF
- Bred on the same breeding cross as SCINTILLATION (3 x Group 1 winner), ZOFFANY (Group 1 winner & now stallion) and SHANIA DANE (Group 2 winner & 2 x Group 1 placed)
- Out of a STREET CRY line mare who have already produced an incredible 27 international Stakes Winners
- Both BOBS & SuperVobis eligible
- To be trained by world renowned 2016 Golden Slipper-winning trainers Peter and Paul Snowden
- Other highly credentialed Snowden trained runners include; CAPITALIST, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, DENMAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, EPAULETTE, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT, & BENFICA
An eye-catching physique and excellent mover, this colt is a cracker. . .
A noticeable trait of many of EPAULETTE’S first crop to have passed through the sales ring is their stature and class, but this colt takes power and swagger to a different level.
His strength is immediately apparent, however seeing this colt walk is when his class shines through. He has a lovely temperament and has shown a real appetite for work during his breaking-in process.
EPAULETTE has on his side a fantastic pedigree, being a three-quarter brother to Champion 2YO HELMET and by Champion Sire COMMANDS, the son of the Champion Sire DANEHILL who became renowned for producing tough and durable racers including APPEARANCE and PURPLE.
This cross with a STREET CRY line mare LOADING ZONE has already proven a success, with Group 1 winners SCINTIALLATION, ZOFFANY (now a sire), MOVE IN TIME and Group 2 winner SHANIA DANE bred by DANEHILL or descendants of him with a MACHIAVELLIAN (sire of STREET CRY) mare.
SCINTILLATION was an emphatic winner in Hong Kong, whose three Group 1 successes included the prestigious Hong Kong Classic, while ZOFFANY finished just ¾ of a length behind unbeaten champion FRANKEL when finishing second in the Group 1 St James’ Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot.
This family has proven an excellent and frequent source of Stakes winners, including Group 2 winner at two SCARLET RAIN and Group 1 Golden Rose winner TOORAK TOFF.
Muskoka Farm who undertook the breaking in of this colt have been highly impressed by his attitude and movement on the track as he has achieved everything asked of him and more.
Peter Snowden, the trainer who masterminded the career of EPAULETTE, is the appointed trainer of this colt with his son Paul, and there could be no one better to nurture him to a successful, Stakes-winning career on the racetrack.
A three-quarter brother to HELMET and brilliant winner of the Golden Rose. . .
EPAULETTE was a stunning colt, from a golden era of Australian juveniles. His run to the Group 1 Golden Slipper included victory in the valuable Black Opal Stakes before he claimed Group 1 victory as a three-year-old in the prestigious Golden Rose.
A further Group 1 success followed in the Doomben 10,000, in a race where he defeated eight Group 1 winners as a three-year-old, including YOUR SONG and BUFFERING.
A consistent performer, EPAULETTE finished a neck runner-up behind PIERRO in the Group 2 Todman Stakes and placed behind ALL TOO HARD in the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas over a mile. As a three-year-old he was runner-up to BLACK CAVIAR in the TJ Smith Stakes.
The best-performing son of Champion Sire COMMANDS, he showed a tremendous aptitude for racing and a tough resilience. From his first 14 starts he finished in the top three on nine occasions to earn $1.7 million in prizemoney during his career.
To match his exploits on the track, EPAULETTE has a stellar pedigree behind him, being the three-quarter brother to champion 2YO HELMET, and Group 2-winning filly PEARLS, while he is a half-brother to Group 1 winner and sire BULLBARS.
EPAULETTE’s ability, temperament and pedigree dictate that he is set to be a sterling success as a sire, and his first crop have been in high demand at the sales.
Peter Snowden engineered EPAULETTE’s superb racing career, and there is no better trainer to now look after his progeny.
We are delighted to be offering this son of EPAULETTE. He has shown an excellent temperament and has the movements of a very classy horse.
From the high-class family of TOORAK TOFF & SCARLET RAIN
Winners is what this family produces. And plenty of them, while in speedy early running two-year-old’s SCARLET RAIN and TOORAK TOFF, the family has delivered two big names of Australian racing.
The excellent pedigree of LOADING ZONE suggests this colt could add to the list of star performers to emerge from the family.
The sires along the damsire line have consistently proven to be potent broodmare sires, with the line deriving from MACHIAVELLIAN (damsire of 23 Group 1 winners), superb broodmare sire STREET CRY, with the line having already produced an incredible 27 international Stakes winners including the outstanding two-year-old WAR DECREE, a current leading chance for the 2017 2,000 Guineas in Great Britain.
LOADING ZONE is a half-sister to the dam of SCARLET RAIN who struck for two wins as a two-year-old, including the Group 2 Sweet Embrace Stakes and contested the Golden Slipper, while TOORAK TOFF earned three wins at two before taking the Group 1 Golden Rose at three in devastating fashion and added a second Group 1 in the Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes at Caulfield. TOORAK TOFF is now forging a career at stud as a commercial stallion.
The family has produced numerous other Stakes winners, including BLIXEN, HESITATES, SUPER LACUNA and AVILDE.
The cross between the sire line of EPAULETTE and damsire line deriving from MACHIAVELLIAN has proven to be highly successful, with Group-race winners ZOFFANY, MOVE IN TIME, SHANIA DANE and WHISPERING BROOK all bred on the very same cross.
The family is a frequent producer of magnificent racehorses including TOORAK TOFF, who won the Golden Rose in one of the fastest times ever, and this colt looks to be another gem to emerge from the family.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $5,000,000 Inglis race series, including the Inglis Classic (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In September 2016, Racing New South Wales announced unprecedented increases in prizemoney, with $204 million on offer for the year to come.
He is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), and BOBS EXTRA eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $100,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $140,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $30,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $40,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $20,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $30,000!