- Tremendous athlete by exciting first-season sire, EXOSPHERE (Group 1 Golden Rose at 3 and Group 2 winner at 2) & the 1st foal of a well-related multiple stakes placed winner of 5 races in FIRST BLOOM.
- “A super colt by the explosive Golden Rose winner, EXOSPHERE and he’s also bred on the exceptionally successful LONHRO / DANEHILL cross.” – Michael Ward.
- EXOSPHERE won the Group 2 Skyline Stakes at 2 before using his explosive turn-of-foot to capture 3 stakes races at 3 including the Group 1 Golden Rose Stakes.
- This colt is the first foal of a outstanding racehorse who won 3 at Moonee Valley, was multiple stakes placed and campaigned in 5 states. Tough as!
- Selected by Triple Crown’s Chris & Michael Ward.
- To be trained by world renowned pair of Peter and Paul Snowden, trainers of Triple Crown’s 2017 ($10 million) and 2018 ($13 million) The Everest winner REDZEL and 2016 Golden Slipper winner CAPITALIST.
- Other highly credentialed Snowden trained runners include; EPAULETTE, RUSSIAN REVOULTION, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, DENMAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT, & BENFICA.
There’s so much to like about this colt … a cracking type, by an exciting first season sire from a well-related, tough as teak mare.
Pedigree aside for a moment though, this colt has such a great presence about him: he really stood out when we inspected him as he was such a fluent mover.
We’ve seen a lot of them at the sales and the EXOSPHEREs really have something about them … fingers crossed they run like him too: he won the Group 1 Golden Rose which, apart from usually determining the best colt of a generation, is also the ‘sire maker’. EXOSPHERE also won 2 more at Group 2 level in his memorable career.
As for the colt’s dam, FIRST BLOOM, you can have nothing but admiration for a mare that campaigned in 5 different states, won 3 races at Moonee Valley and was multiple stakes placed. While this will be her first runner, FIRST BLOOM’s dam CELTIC BLOOM is multiple Group placed and has a 100% strike rate since going to stud.
This stallion was a gun on the track but he also comes from a Champion sireline – ZABEEL / OCTAGONAL / LONHRO / and now EXOSPHERE! It’s no wonder the industry leaders have massive expectations for the his progeny.
Firstly, conformation. An absolutely outstanding athlete who, from our inspections through all the farms and sales grounds, is clearly throwing them to type – big, strong and athletic movers.
Secondly, performance! Check through the vast majority of Australia’s leading sires over the years and all had the same explosive turn-of-foot.
At his second start at 2, EXOSPHERE won his Kembla Maiden by over 4 lengths, with the beaten brigade including subsequent Group 1 winner TAKEDOWN, while his remaining career starts were all at Group 1 or Group 2 level: capturing the Group 2 Skyline Stakes at 2, before resuming in the spring with victories in the Group 2 Run To The Rose (defeating Group 1 winners PRESS STATEMENT and HOLLER), the Group 1 Golden Rose and the Group 2 Roman Consul Stakes by over 3 lengths. The Golden Rose is rightly regarded as the ‘sire-maker’ with the last 10 colts to win the race either now at, or heading to stud.
EXOSPHERE would ultimately be rated superior to EXCEED AND EXCEL, REDOUTE’S CHOICE and FASTNET ROCK.
Finally, sireline! Horse of the Year (and Darley stablemate) LONHRO has been a sensation on both the track and in the stallion barn, with 79 stakes winners – but even more importantly, is emerging as a sire of sires through his sons PIERRO and DENMAN.
Talk about a FIRST BLOOM!
This colt is the first foal of an outstanding racehorse who won 5 races from 1400m to 2040m – including 3 at Moonee Valley (one of them by over 3 lengths) and was multiple stakes placed. She was tough too, campaigning in Victoria, NSW, Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania.
First Bloom’s mum, CELTIC BLOOM showed similar prowess, winning 7 races (from 1200m to 2233m) including 2 Group placings in Melbourne and a 4th in the Group 2 Sunline Stakes. Even more importantly, Celtic Bloom’s has a 100% strike rate as a broodmare : 4 to run, 4 winners.
Celtic Bloom is also out of a ½ sister to Group winner PREENED and Sydney stakes winner MINT MACHINE, while another close relation is the Brisbane stakes winner GRACIDA (9 wins overall).
The EXOSPHERE mating likewise boasts a 4 x 3 cross to breeding immortal DANEHILL, while the LONHRO (sire of EXOSPHERE) over DANEHILL line mares has produced many a stakes winner … including EXOSPHERE himself!
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $8,000,000 INGLIS race series (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $2,000,000 Inglis Millennium (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In 2017/18, there was $733,445,379 distributed in prizemoney throughout Australia with stakes increasing by 92% in the last 10 years: the highest of any racing nation in the world. There are also 8 x 2YO races in Australia worth $1 million or greater, whilst the phenomenal $13m The Everest is the pinnacle for the older horses.
The colt is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), BOBS EXTRA and SUPER VOBIS eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $125,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $165,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $35,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $45,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $22,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $32,000!