• By champion first-season sire and Group 1-winning sire I AM INVINCIBLE, whose progeny include BRAZEN BEAU, HOUTZEN, I AM A STAR, ILLUSTRIOUS LAD, LOOK TO THE STARS, INVINCIBLE STAR, INVINCIBLE GEM, VOODOO LAD, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE, VINNIE EAGLE
• Bred on the exact same cross as winner of the Group 1 Newmarket Handicap, Group 1 Coolmore Stud Stakes and Royal Ascot runner-up BRAZEN BEAU and also very similarly bred to Stakes Winners VINNIE EAGLE and INVINCIBLE STAR
• Full brother to Gimcrack runner-up and multiple stakes placed TETSUKO & ½ brother to stakes-class horses PURRPURRLENA & STAR CAT – CHEERFUL MASTER (HK)
• Out of the very talented Stakes-winning mare MAGDALENA who won 5 metropolitan races including the Listed Burgess Queen Stakes & was placed in both the Western Australian Oaks and Western Australian Guineas
• From the family of champion two-year-old filly ENTISAAR
• Out of a mare by leading broodmare sire SNAADEE, damsire to BRAZEN BEAU, FAT AL, STAR OF FLORIDA, ARIANTE and SECRET FLYER
• To be trained by world renowned 2016 Golden Slipper-winning trainers Peter and Paul Snowden
• Other highly credentialed Snowden trained runners include; CAPITALIST, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, DENMAN, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, EPAULETTE, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT, & BENFICA
Bred on a proven cross, by the most sought-after sire in the industry. . . This colt is a picture, and it’s no surprise given the calibre of his relatives. He is bred on the exact same cross as one of the best Australian sprinters in recent years, BRAZEN BEAU, winner of the Group 1 Newmarket Handicap and Group 1 Coolmore Stud Stakes, and runner-up in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot. The match between I AM INVINCIBLE and MAGDALENA has already delivered with a Stakes-level performer, as this colt’s full sister, TETSUKO, is a winner at two and runner-up in the Listed Gimcrack Stakes, who went on to be placed in the Group 2 Sweet Embrace Stakes in her juvenile year. This colt’s dam, MAGDALENA was a superb performer on the racetrack herself, winning the Listed Burgess Queen Stakes, while she was placed in the Group 2 WA Guineas and WA Oaks, and the family has consistently produced Stakes winners, including two-year-old champion filly ENTISAAR. Yet this colt doesn’t merely look impressive in the pedigree book, as you’ll immediately be taken by his stature, with his build and slick movement oozing class. He is a powerful horse, suggesting this colt can be an early-running type, and his pedigree confirms this. Other top-level performers from closely related crosses include VINNIE EAGLE, winner of the Group 3 Eclipse Stakes, and INVINCIBLE STAR, winner of the Group 3 Ottawa Stakes on debut. His relatives come with big reputations, and our colt is more than capable of forging himself as an elite level Stakes Winner to join his illustrious family members. I AM INVINCIBLE is one the most sought-after sires in the industry, with his progeny consistently showing very high levels of ability and a real precociousness. The best horses deserve the best trainers, and in Peter and Paul Snowden he will be prepared by one of the most astute trainers in the game, giving this colt the greatest chance of achieving top level success on the racetrack.
I AM INVINCIBLE
A sire emerging as one of Australia’s best, his progeny are just what his name suggests. . .
‘Rags to riches’ has been a term applied to I AM INVINCIBLE. Although a good sprinter during his racing career, winning the Group 3 DC McKay Stakes and runner-up in the Group 1 Goodwood Cup, what he has achieved as a sire is incomparable to his track career.
Since being retired to stud in 2010, I AM INVINCIBLE has scaled incredible heights, and can boast one of the leading sprinters in Australia of recent years among his progeny in Newmarket Handicap and Coolmore Stud Stakes winner BRAZEN BEAU, a horse to which our colt is bred on the exact same I AM INVINCIBLE / SNAADEE cross and has recently taken up stallion duties at Darley, where he is standing at an opening fee of $44,000.
Yet despite his recent transition to stud duties I AM INVINCIBLE already has an extensive list of Stakes winners to his name. He has taken off since being crowned champion first-season sire in 2013/14 and in 2016 his progeny triumphed in an incredible 17 Stakes races, earning over $10,000,000 in prizemoney.
In addition to BRAZEN BEAU, he can count Group 1 Myer Classic winner I AM A STAR among his progeny, as well as Group-race winners ILLUSTRIOUS LAD, LOOK TO THE STARS, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE, VOODOO LAD, SUPER ONE, MOST IMPORTANT, VINNIE EAGLE, INVINCIBLE GEM and INVINCIBLE STAR, while the $2m 2YO Magic Millions Classic winner HOUTZEN is his top earner of the 2016/17 season.
Currently fighting out the sires’ premiership title with SNITZEL, he is the hottest property within the stallion ranks right now. Chris and Mike were delighted to secure their first yearling by I AM INVINCIBLE at the Inglis Classic sale (the same sale they purchased Group 1 winner PEGGY JEAN from). Being bred on the same cross as BRAZEN BEAU, out of a Stakes Winner and the full brother to a Stakes class horse, we hope this colt can enhance what is already an enviable record for I AM INVINCIBLE.
A versatile Stakes winner, from a family of a champion two-year-old. . . Whether it was a sprint, a mile or a trip over the middle distance, MAGDALENA was a high-class performer. A two-time winner at two over distances from 1000m to 1200m, she struck for a Listed success in the Burgess Queen Stakes over 1400m, before gaining Black Type placings in the Group 2 WA Guineas over a mile and the Group 2 WA Oaks over 2400m. She has proven an equally successful broodmare, with our colt a half-brother to STAR CAT, who was a 4-time winner (in Sydney & Hong Kong) and twice placed at Stakes level in the Group 2 Royal Sovereign Stakes and Group 3 Roman Consul Stakes, and PURRPURRLENA who was also a 4-time winner and placed three times in Stakes company in the Group 3 Newmarket Hcp, Listed Dark Jewel Classic & Listed Darley Crown. While TETSUKO, a full sister to our colt is a is a metropolitan 2YO winner, Listed ATC Gimcrack runner-up and finished a close third in the Group 2 Sweet Embrace Stakes. The family has also produced blistering two-year-old filly, ENTISAAR (pictured), who was crowned Champion 2YO Filly in 2015, a campaign which included victory in the prestigious Group 1 Allan Robertson Championship.
Broodmare sire, SNAADEE, has proven one of the most successful damsires across the globe, and can claim to be damsire of multiple Group winners, including BRAZEN BEAU, FAT AL, STATE OF FLORIDA and SENORITA DANE. This is a highly impressive family and our colt is out of one of the more successful mares to emerge from it. Adaptable over a variety of distances, the class of MAGDALENA shone through in her racing career, and with a proven match to I AM INVINCIBLE known to produce progeny of Stakes-level quality, this colt represents an exciting opportunity to be involved with a racehorse at the highest level.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $5,000,000 Inglis race series, including the Inglis Classic (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In September 2016, Racing New South Wales announced unprecedented increases in prizemoney, with $204 million on offer for the year to come.
He is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), and BOBS EXTRA eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $100,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $140,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $30,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $40,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $20,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $30,000!