- First crop colt by multiple Group 1 winner KERMADEC (Doncaster Handicap winner as a 3YO!) from a winning daughter of Champion 2YO LYCRA.
- “A magnificent colt out of a daughter of a Champion 2YO. A good sized colt and an extremely good mover like his dad. He is a high quality colt at particularly good value.” – Chris Ward.
- Out of a CANNY LAD broodmare just like REDOUTE’S CHOICE, DESERT WAR, MNEMOSYNE, PLATINUM SCISSORS, RIVER LAD, OFCOURSEICAN, MANHATTAN RAIN, NEROLI, LASER HAWK, KUSI, I AM INVINCIBLE, GREGERS, SESSIONS, EL CAMBIO, CLASSIC UNIFORM, SAFEGUARD etc.
- This is the 2nd foal of a multiple winning daughter of Champion 2YO LYCRA, who would go on to produce 8 winners, including Sydney Group winner THE MAN.
- Selected by Triple Crown’s Chris & Michael Ward.
- To be trained by world renowned pair of Peter and Paul Snowden, trainers of Triple Crown’s 2017 ($10 million) and 2018 ($13 million) The Everest winner REDZEL and 2016 Golden Slipper winner CAPITALIST.
- Other highly credentialed Snowden trained runners include; REDZEL, CAPITALIST, EPAULETTE, RUSSIAN REVOULTION, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, DENMAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT, & BENFICA
A really exciting colt by the new boom sire who has been all the rage at the 2019 sales while his dam is a daughter of a Champion 2YO.
There was a lot of good colts at the Inglis Classic, but this bloke really stood out as he was such a good mover, which was one of the great attributes of his sire. He’s high quality and at particularly good value too!
KERMADEC has really caught everyone’s attention … sure, we knew what a great racehorse he was – you have to be to win a Doncaster Handicap as a 3YO, in what was effectively just his 2nd campaign. Then of course he went on to win another Group 1 at 4. Importantly though, he’s clearly throwing them to type – hence such interest in his first yearlings.
As for pedigree … well, this is only the 2nd foal of a multiple winner, but her dam was not only a Champion 2YO but she went on to produce 8 winners including a Sydney Group winner in THE MAN.
Once you get to see KERMADEC’s first yearlings, you’ll know why everyone is so excited.
And why shouldn’t they be … not only is KERMADEC throwing them to type, the horse was a genuine racetrack star, winning the time honoured Group 1 Doncaster Handicap at 3 (against all comers in what was only his second campaign) and would go on at 4 to win the Group 1 George Main Stakes.
Along the way, KERMADEC would capture the Group 3 Carbine Club Stakes (defeating subsequent Group 1 winner STRATUM STAR) at only his 3rd start, plus run placings in the Group 1 George Ryder, Group 1 Canterbury Stakes and Group 1 All Aged Stakes, while running WINX to just over a length in the Group 1 George Ryder Stakes.
What’s more, KERMADEC is by the highly influential TEOFILO who has produced 83 stakes winners of $81 million, including HAPPY CLAPPER (another Doncaster winner!), 3-time Group 1 winner HUMIDOR, dual Group 1 winning miler, PALENTINO and Group 1 Queensland Derby winner SONNTAG.
And while KERMADEC is by one of Europe’s most influential sires, his pedigree is purely ‘down under’ with dam, HY FUJI and granddam HYSTERIAL both winning stakes races in Sydney, while close relations TRIPLE ELEGANCE, Triple Crown’s MOSS TRIP and SHOREHAM were all Group winners.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $8,000,000 INGLIS race series (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $2,000,000 Inglis Millennium (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In 2017/18, there was $733,445,379 distributed in prizemoney throughout Australia with stakes increasing by 92% in the last 10 years: the highest of any racing nation in the world. There are also 8 x 2YO races in Australia worth $1 million or greater, whilst the phenomenal $13m The Everest is the pinnacle for the older horses.
The colt is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), BOBS EXTRA and SUPER VOBIS eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $125,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $165,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $35,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $45,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $22,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $32,000!