- A sensational colt by multiple Group 1 winner KERMADEC (Doncaster Handicap winner as a 3YO!) and a ½ brother to exciting Triple Crown stakes winner MILITARY ZONE.
- “A stunning colt who literally ticks all the boxes! An exceptional mover – just like his sire – and his ½ brother, Military Zone, definitely has Group 1 potential. This colt has a terrific temperament and is a genuine stallion prospect.” – Chris Ward.
- Unquestionably one of the best colts of his generation, KERMADEC would defeat a bumper field – at just 3 years old – in the Group 1 Doncaster Hcp, and then capture the Group 1 George Main Stakes as a 4YO.
- Apart from being a ½ brother to the hugely talented MILITARY ZONE (who has Group 1 potential), this colt comes from a magnificent stakes winning family that also includes the likes of TOORAK TOFF and SCARLET RAIN.
- Selected by Triple Crown’s Chris & Michael Ward.
- To be trained by world renowned pair of Peter and Paul Snowden, trainers of Triple Crown’s 2017 ($10 million) and 2018 ($13 million) The Everest winner REDZEL and 2016 Golden Slipper winner CAPITALIST.
- Other highly credentialed Snowden trained runners include; EPAULETTE, RUSSIAN REVOULTION, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, DENMAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT, & BENFICA.
Looks, temperament, movement, exciting first season sire, great ‘happening’ family … this colt was a must have. He literally ticked every box!
We were always going to be having a close look at this colt given that he’s a ½ brother to our very own recent stakes winner, MILITARY ZONE, whom the camp believe has Group 1 potential.
Yet, for all that, we were absolutely blown away when we inspected him at the sales. He was everything we’d hoped for an more … the best colt in the entire sale. He looks so much like his sire, KERMADEC who has all the makings of a great sire, while there’s also quite a bit of MILITARY ZONE in him as well. Importantly, his other close relations include a Group 1 Golden Rose winner (AND sire) TOORAK TOFF, along with Group 2 winning 2YO SCARLET RAIN.
We’re very excited about this colt …
Once you get to see KERMADEC’s first yearlings, you’ll know why everyone is so excited.
And why shouldn’t they be … not only is KERMADEC throwing them to type, the horse was a genuine racetrack star, winning the time honoured Group 1 Doncaster Handicap at 3 (against all comers in what was only his second campaign) and would go on at 4 to win the Group 1 George Main Stakes.
Along the way, KERMADEC would capture the Group 3 Carbine Club Stakes (defeating subsequent Group 1 winner STRATUM STAR) at only his 3rd start, plus run placings in the Group 1 George Ryder, Group 1 Canterbury Stakes and Group 1 All Aged Stakes, while running WINX to just over a length in the Group 1 George Ryder Stakes.
What’s more, KERMADEC is by the highly influential TEOFILO who has produced 83 stakes winners of $81 million, including HAPPY CLAPPER (another Doncaster winner!), 3-time Group 1 winner HUMIDOR, dual Group 1 winning miler, PALENTINO and Group 1 Queensland Derby winner SONNTAG.
And while KERMADEC is by one of Europe’s most influential sires, his pedigree is purely ‘down under’ with dam, HY FUJI and granddam HYSTERIAL both winning stakes races in Sydney, while close relations TRIPLE ELEGANCE, Triple Crown’s MOSS TRIP and SHOREHAM were all Group winners.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $8,000,000 INGLIS race series (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $2,000,000 Inglis Millennium (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In 2017/18, there was $733,445,379 distributed in prizemoney throughout Australia with stakes increasing by 92% in the last 10 years: the highest of any racing nation in the world. There are also 8 x 2YO races in Australia worth $1 million or greater, whilst the phenomenal $13m The Everest is the pinnacle for the older horses.
The colt is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), BOBS EXTRA and SUPER VOBIS eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $125,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $165,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $35,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $45,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $22,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $32,000!