- This gorgeous filly is by MEDAGLIA D’ORO, an American Group 1 winner at three, four and five. He has emerged as an even more prolific sire, with 2015 Golden Slipper winner VANCOUVER and Golden Rose winner ASTERN among his progeny, as well as Kentucky Oaks-winning filly RACHEL ALEXANDRA and seven-time Group 1 winner in America, SONGBIRD.
- Bred on the exact same cross as Golden Slipper winner VANCOUVER & Golden Rose winner ASTERN.
- Out of impeccably well-bred EXCEED AND EXCEL mare COMPTON RAINBOW. The same broodmare sire as BOUNDING, SCARLET RAIN and PROMPT RETURN etc.
- Dam a half-sister to Royal Ascot winner and Melbourne Cup third place-getter MAHLER.
- This filly has a stellar pedigree with a potent mix of speed and endurance. As with many of the MEDAGLIO D’ORO progeny to race in Australia, she looks an ideal type to be targeted towards the 2yo Triple Crown races, including the Golden Slipper, with our filly possessing enough stamina within the family for her to develop into a potential Oaks contender.
- To be trained by the rising star of the Sydney training ranks, Bjorn Baker, at his Warwick Farm stable.
- Other top-level horses to have been trained by Bjorn Baker include; MUSIC MAGNATE, WINNING RUPERT, BURBERO, UNENCUMBERED, IMPOSING LASS, EGYPTIAN SYMBOL, CANTONESE, HAVANA REY, LION TAMER, TWILIGHT ROYALE, FUERZA, CANDELARA and BRILLIANT TERROR.
A well-built filly, with strikingly similar characteristics to her sire, Medaglia d’Oro, including his definitive ‘white socks’. A filly bred with a potent mix of speed and endurance.
A pristine international pedigree envelops this exciting filly, with American sire, MEDAGLIA D’ORO, clearly leaving his notable traits on her. Not only does she reflect the imposing stature of her sire, she also possesses his distinctive white socks, an endearing feature of her sire during his racing career, and similar white star on her forehead.
This filly has speed and endurance in abundance throughout her bloodline. MEDAGLIA D’ORO is gathering a notable reputation for producing quick, early developing progeny in Australia, and has 2015 Golden Slipper winner VANCOUVER, as well as Silver Slipper and Group 1 Golden Rose winner ASTERN.
Being out of an EXCEED AND EXCEL mare, our filly is bred on the exact same cross as ASTERN, and gives her an added impetus of speed and precociousness. Furthermore, Champion 2YO and Golden Slipper winner VANCOUVER is likewise bred out of a DANEHILL line mare giving this breeding cross a huge tick and it’s proven at the highest level possible.
Yet follow the damline of COMPTON RAINBOW and it reveals a formidable family of top-class stayers, including Triple Crown champion in Britain, NIJINSKY and winner of the Epsom Derby, the most prestigious Classic in Britain, CREPELLO, both of which have exhibited an extensive influence on many top-class staying pedigrees. The production line of quality staying horses continues in the family, with Melbourne Cup third MAHLER being a half-brother to this filly’s dam.
Given her stature, she looks an early racing type, yet with her diverse pedigree she has the potential to not only be an outstanding sprinter, but also develop into a Classic contender over a mile or further.
A versatile racehorse, with impressive results as a sire
A winner of three Group 1 races, MEDAGLIA D’ORO was a frequent and consistent performer in top Group 1 races in the US and showed longevity in his career by collecting his Group 1s aged three, four and five.
As a three-year-old, he won the Group 2 Jim Dandy Stakes and the prestigious Group 1 Travers Stakes. He finished his three-year-old campaign when second in the valuable Group 1 Breeders’ Cup Classic.
In his four-year-old season, he was first or second in all five of his starts. His three wins included the Group 1 Whitney Handicap, while he again ran second in the Group 1 Breeders’ Cup Classic. At five, MEDAGLIA D’ORO raced twice winning the Group 1 Donn Handicap and concluded his racing career with a second in the Group 1 Dubai World Cup, then the world’s most valuable race.
More impressive than his race record, is that of his stud career. In a rare feat, MEDAGLIA D’ORO has sired Champion racehorses in both hemispheres. In Australia, he is gathering an exceptional reputation for providing early-racing and versatile horses since he began covering mares in 2010, and can count Golden Slipper winner VANCOUVER and Golden Rose winner ASTERN among his progeny.
In America, he immediately made a mark as a stallion, siring 2008 American Horse of the Year RACHEL ALEXANDRA within his first crop. She won 13 races of which five were Group 1’s (including the Group 1 Kentucky Oaks by an incredible 20 lengths) and collected over US$3,500,000 in prizemoney. More recently, he is sire to seven-time Group 1 winner SONGBIRD, with her only defeat arriving when beaten a nose in the Breeders’ Cup Distaff.
The sire of an incredible 16 individual Group 1 winners to date, MEDAGLIA D’ORO has produced a plethora of high class gallopers. In addition to the aforementioned he is sire to dual Group 1 winners MARKETING MIX and PLUM PRETTY, Group 1 winners MSHAWISH, COFFEE CLIQUE, LOCHTE, C S SILK, CHAMPAGNE D’ORO, GABBY’S GOLDEN GIRL, WARRIOR’S REWARD, VIOLENCE, PASSION FOR GOLD, etc.
A half-sister to Royal Ascot winner, Mahler
This mare has some of the northern hemisphere’s finest staying bloodlines within her pedigree and, being by Australian champion sire EXCEED AND EXCEL, she is equipped with blistering speed to match.
Out of RAINBOW GODDESS, COMPTON RAINBOW is a half-sister to Royal Ascot winner and Melbourne Cup third MAHLER, and her damline is a proven source of stakes winners.
Third dam to our filly, DANCING ROCKS, produced Group 3-winning filly GLATISANT (a full-sister to RAINBOW GODDESS), who in turn is dam to 2,000 Guineas winner in Britain and future sire FOOTSTEPSINTHESAND.
Mention the names NIJINSKY or CREPELLO and we are talking about two legends of the sport to grace a racetrack in Britain. And this mare has the influence of them both within her family.
NIJINSKY, a Canadian-bred son of NORTHERN DANCER, will forever hold a place in Britain’s hall of fame, when in 1970 he became the first horse in 35 years to win the Triple Crown. A feat that has not been repeated since.
CREPELLO almost achieved Triple Crown immortality after winning the 2,000 Guineas and Epsom Derby, but injury cruelly ruled him out of a crack at the St Leger. Their influence did not diminish while at stud, as both became champion sire in Britain.
Damsire EXCEED AND EXCEL is one of the most successful stallions for producing early and precocious two-year-old talent. Our filly is bred on the exact same cross as Group 1 Golden Rose winner ASTERN, with EXCEED AND EXCEL also broodmare sire to BOUNDING, SCARLET RAIN and PROMPT RETURN.
Through her match to MEDAGLIA D’ORO our filly possesses early speed and precociousness, while the influence of stellar staying bloodlines suggests our filly could develop into a classics contender in her three-year-old year.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . . .
Please note that this striking filly is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $10,000,000 Magic Millions race series (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In September 2016, Racing New South Wales announced unprecedented increases in prizemoney, with $204 million on offer for the year to come.
She is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), and BOBS EXTRA eligible which means she will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $100,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $140,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $30,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $40,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $20,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $30,000!