- Tremendous presence, remarkable athlete, with a ‘happening’ pedigree – giving her outstanding residual value for after her racing career
- An exceptional high class filly … big, strong and athletic with a bomb proof temperament
- A Group 1 winner at 2, 3 & 4 years, OLYMPIC GLORY bested Europe’s finest and was named Champion 2YO and Champion 3YO Miler
- This filly is a ½ sister to exciting sprinter, IN HER TIME, who has now won 3 Group 2 races, a stakes race in Sydney, and is 3 times Group 1 placed, including a head second in the 2017 Group 1 Manikato Stakes last spring
- A ‘winning’ family, this filly’s first two dams have produced 17 winners from just 18 runners!
- Choisir/Zeditave cross has an incredible 22% Stakes winners/runners ratio.
- To be trained by world renowned 2016 Golden Slipper-winning & 2017 $10 million The Everest-winning trainers Peter and Paul Snowden
- Highly credentialed Snowden trained runners include; REDZEL, CAPITALIST, EPAULETTE, RUSSIAN REVOULTION, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, DENMAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT, & BENFICA
Right place, right Time! It was hard to walk past this filly at the sale given that she’s such an eye-catching type …
This filly is a big, strong and athletic youngster who is bound to continue developing into a high quality 2YO. Importantly, she has a bomb proof temperament to go with her athleticism and what can only be described as a cracking pedigree.
Notably, the first of the OLYMPIC GLORYs were keenly sought at the 2018 Gold Coast Magic Millions Yearling Sale with buyers paying up to $600,000 for the privilege of taking one: little surprise given his performances – 4 Group 1 victories – and classy family, with this filly being the most expensive daughter Olympic Glory to go through the ring.
Similarly, this filly’s female family is jam packed with black type including her ½ sister, the sensational 2017 spring performer IN HER TIME who added to her previous two Group 2 victories with a Group 2 and Listed race in Sydney, plus a head second in the Group 1 Manikato Stakes in Melbourne – all from just 3 starts.
The DANEHILL line has worked exceptionally well with this family and, as such, this filly represents tremendous residual value when her racing days are over.
Both in appearance and demeanour, this filly reminds us a lot of our Group 2 winner FLYING SNITZEL.
What a tremendous racehorse! Group 1 winner at 2, Group 1 winner at 3, dual Group 1 winner at 4.
OLYMPIC GLORY pretty much has it all … power, presence and performance. As a 2YO, OLYMPIC GLORY won 4 of his first 5 starts including a Group 1 victory over 1400m in France and a magnificent second at Royal Ascot in the Group 2 Coventry Stakes, while at 3 he would capture the Group 1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes over 1600m. Then, as a 4YO, OLYMPIC GLORY won a Group 1 in France over 1400m and a Group 1 in England over the mile.
After being recognised as a Champion 2YO Colt, and Champion 3YO Miler, Timeform accorded OLYMPIC GLORY a rating of 130, placing him among the top horses in the world.
In his final outing – the Group 1 Prix de la Foret (won previously by successful Australian sire, Dream Ahead) – OLYMPIC GLORY smashed his rivals by two lengths and set a new course record for the 1400m at Longchamp. Second and third in the Prix de la Foret would both win Group 1s at their next start in England and USA.
Leading English trainer, Richard Hannon Jnr had nothing but praise for his star galloper: “Olympic Glory is the most amazingly consistent horse who we have enjoyed campaigning at the highest level for the past 3 years. He has a wonderful temperament and physically you could
not could wish to see a more imposing individual.”
While Australians didn’t get to see OLYMPIC GLORY race, they did get to see plenty of his sire CHOISIR who was similarly a brilliant 2YO before going on to capture the Group 1 Lightning Stakes at 3. CHOISIR would then set the world alight with his exploits at Royal Ascot, capturing both the Golden Jubilee and King’s Stand.
Now the sire of 86 stakes winners, CHOISIR’s best 2 sons are OLYMPIC GLORY and another successful sire in STARSPANGLEDBANNER.
And just to top it off OLYMPIC GLORY is out of Broodmare of the Year, ACIDANTHERA
HELL IT’S HOT
The mare is definitely well named because as far as pedigrees go, this one is HOT …
First off, the ZEDITAVE mare is a proven producer with 4 winners and we’re not talking ancient history: this filly’s1/2 sister IN HER TIME – who is bred on the same DANEHILL sireline – is a 3-time Group 2 winner and three-time Group 1 placed. In her 3 runs last spring, IN HER TIME won the Group 2 Premiere Stakes in Sydney beating Group 1 winners English and Clearly Innocent, won The Everest consolation race – the Listed Sydney Stakes – and then finished second – beaten a head – in the Group 1 Manikato Stakes.
Meanwhile, HELL IT’S HOT is a multiple winning ½ sister to 3-time stakes winner, HOT AS HELL, Sydney stakes winner FLAMING HOT and CRAIG’S DRAGON, a stakes winner in Hong Kong. Between them, they won 24 races, while another ½ sister, the city winning Harlem Heat, is the dam of 2YO stakes winner HARLEM RIVER.
It’s also worth noting that CRAIG’S DRAGON, HARLEM RIVER and other stakes winning relations such as FINE BUBBLES are all descendants of DANEHILL.
Importantly, this filly’s first 2 dams have produced 17 winners from 18 to race!
As for the DANEHILL x ZEDITAVE ‘mix’, it’s not only come up trumps with IN HER TIME, but has also worked its magic via Group winners EXCITES ZELADY and ZELADY’S NIGHT OUT, but also with the stakes winner of 8 in I’VE GOT THE LOOKS, who is by Olympic Glory’s sire CHOISIR.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $8,000,000 Inglis race series (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $2,000,000 Inglis Millennium (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Inglis Sprint (already nominated)
In September 2016, Racing New South Wales announced unprecedented increases in prizemoney, with $204 million on offer for the year to come.
He is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), and BOBS EXTRA eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $100,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $140,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $40,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $60,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $30,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $40,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $20,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $30,000!