- By Champion 2YO & World Champion 3YO racehorse & now Leading First Season Sire, PIERRO who has already produced the likes of TULIP (Group 3 Magic Night winner & Group 1 Golden Slipper 3rd placegetter)
- Bred on the same proven bloodlines as Group 1 winners EXOSPHERE, BOUNDING & BENFICA along with TULIP, PINWHEEL, GENERALIFE, MESSENE, HEATHERLY, OBSEQUIOUS, SOUCHEZ etc
- Commercial stallion prospect!
- Out of the very fast 4-time metropolitan winner & stakes placed, EMBARK
- From a very consistent & talented Stakes-winning family, with multiple stakes class horses in each generation!
- Out of a mare by proven broodmare sire CHOISIR (by DANEHILL). The DANEHILL line broodmares have been nothing short of exceptional & have produced the likes of ZOUSTAR, SEBRING, TIVACI, INFERENCE, SACRED FALLS, PREFERMENT, SPEAK FONDLY, PASADENA GIRL, DELAGO DELUXE, HEADWAY, DOTHRAKI, FROLIC, OMEI SWORD, MILITARY ROSE etc
- A powerhouse early runner being set for the 2YO Triple Crown (Group 1 Golden Slipper, Group 1 Sires’ Produce & Group 1 Champagne Stakes)
- To be trained by the rising star of the Sydney training ranks & Group 1 winner, Bjorn Baker. The trainer of MUSIC MAGNATE, UNENCUMBERED, WINNING RUPERT, BURBERO, IMPOSING LASS, EGYPTIAN SYMBOL, FUERZA, CANTONESE, HAVANA REY, LION TAMER, TWILIGHT ROYALE, CANDELARA, BRILLIANT TERROR & BONNY O’REILLY.
An outstanding type by the World Champion racehorse and now leading first-season sire!
It comes as no surprise that 2YO Triple Crown winner and World Champion racehorse PIERRO is the Champion First-Season Sire elect as he has delivered some excellent types among his first crop which include Group 3 Magic Night Stakes winner and Golden Slipper third placegetter TULIP.
And with this highly impressive colt out of black-type mare EMBARK, the son of LONHRO has delivered yet another classy and athletic mover.
He is a strong and compact colt, the perfect ‘springboard’ type to target the early-season riches including the 2YO Triple Crown, featuring the Golden Slipper.
He has a dynamic sprinter’s pedigree, with EMBARK an exceptionally quick four-time Metropolitan winner who was placed at Stakes level and is a half-sister to sprinting Stakes level performers CARNERO and GRATIS. The family consistently produces Stakes winner throughout the last four generations, including Listed winner and Group 1 placed filly CAPTIVA and Group 2 Phoenix Stakes winner & Royal Ascot placed filly NOBLE MARK.
The family has a superb record of producing sires, with THE NOBLE PLAYER, PERFORMING MAGIC and PERFECT MANDATE all taking on stallion duties after their racing career.
EMBARK is by the proven broodmare sire CHOISIR who is damsire to recent Group 1 Irish 1,000 Guineas winner WINTER and Group 3 Glenlogan Stakes winner ECKSTEIN, while mares by DANEHILL line sires have produced a long list of Group 1 winners including ZOUSTAR, INFERENCE, TIVACI, SEBRING, PREFERMENT, & DELAGO DELUXE as well as Group-race winners FROLIC and DOTHRAKI.
Indeed, PIERRO’s two Stakes-level performed progeny TULIP and recent BRC Sires’ Produce third placegetter PIERATA, are out of mares by DANEHILL line sires, while the LONHRO/DANEHILL breeding cross has produced Group 1 winners EXOSPHERE, BOUNDING and BENFICA – indicating that the breeding cross of our colt is a path to success.
As an added bonus this colt is both BOBS and SuperVobis eligible – meaning you can rack up the bonus winnings in both New South Wales and Victoria!
A 2YO Triple Crown winner and World Champion 3YO – no sire is more exciting than PIERRO. . .
A winner of 11 races from his 14 starts, PIERRO is one of the greatest racehorses Australia has produced.
In his juvenile campaign of 2011, PIERRO became just the sixth horse in history to win the 2YO Triple Crown encompassing the world’s richest race for two-year-olds, the Group 1 Golden Slipper, as well as the Group 1 Sires’ Produce and Group 1 Champagne Stakes on his way to becoming the highest-rated Australian juvenile since 1977.
Emerging as the undisputed champion within a golden generation of Australian sprinter/milers, PIERRO defeated the likes of EPAULETTE, SNITZERLAND, ALL TOO HARD and YOUR SONG during a stellar racing career in which he was crowned the top-rated three-year-old sprinter in the world.
The making of a subsequent Champion Sire is not just aided by being a world class racehorse, but one that is world class over a variety of distances, and PIERRO showed sensational versatility to win a total of five Group 1s from 1200m-1600m, adding the Canterbury Stakes and the George Ryder Stakes to his 2YO Triple Crown collection of Group 1s, with the son of LONHRO collecting over $4.5 million during his career.
His transition to the stallion ranks has been seamless, with PIERRO leading the first-season sire charts by a healthy margin and counting Group 3 Magic Night winner and Golden Slipper third placegetter TULIP among his first runners.
PIERATA led home a Quinella at Royal Randwick on Anzac Day for PIERRO, and he has since proved to be another superb Stakes performer, having finished third on his next start in the Group 2 BRC Sires’ Produce.
The industry ‘insiders’ has fallen in love with the PIERRO progeny after seeing what he is producing. His first yearlings sold for up to a lofty $1.5 million.
Now is the time to get into PIERRO’S progeny as next season will see their prices significantly higher. With his progeny beginning to come to hand, further Group-race winners are a formality for one of Australia’s greatest.
A DANEHILL line broodmare, that has a long and proven list of producing Group 1 winners!
A speedy four-time winner at Metropolitan level during her racing career, EMBARK had a touch of class having finished placed at Stakes level and her potential as a broodmare is enourmous.
EMBARK is by the established and internationally-recognised broodmare sire CHOISIR, who is damsire to 2017 Group 1 Classic winner WINTER and Royal Ascot winners MY DREAM BOAT and PERSUASIVE in Great Britain and Ireland, as well as Stakes winners ECKSTEIN, MY POPPETTE and PRESSING in Australia.
Indeed, DANEHILL line sires have proven to be exceptional broodmare sires, with further Group 1 winners ZOUSTAR, TIVACI, SEBRING, INFERENCE, PREFERMENT, SACRED FALLS and DELAGO DELUXE all out of mares by DANEHILL line sires as well as a long list of Group-race winners including DOTHRAKI, FROLIC, MILITARY ROSE and OMEI SWORD.
From his first-crop PIERRO has sired Group 3 winner & Golden Slipper placed filly TULIP and Group 2 BRC Sires’ Produce Stakes third placegetter PIERATA – both of who are out of DANEHILL line mares.
His best and earliest progeny have been bred on this exact same breeding cross as our colt.
The family of EMBARK is a pure sprinter’s pedigree. She is a half-sister to the rapidly quick Stakes performers CARNERO and GRATIS with the former a winner of the valuable Inglis Premier and runner-up in the VRC Sires’ Produce both as a two-year-old.
Stakes winners emerge consistently from each generation of the family, with Listed winner and Group 1 placed CAPTIVA among 15 Stakes winners within the first four dams.
Furthermore, this phenomenal family of international Stakes winners is proving to be a sire-making one, having thrown four future sires in the USA and Ireland.
With a phenomenal sprinter’s pedigree and EMBARK’s match to PIERRO, our pocket-rocket colt has the formula to be early and fast – allowing him to target Australia’s richest juvenile prizes.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $10,000,000 Magic Millions race series (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In September 2016, Racing New South Wales announced unprecedented increases in prizemoney, with $204 million on offer for the year to come.
He is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), and BOBS EXTRA eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metropolitan Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $100,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $140,000!
- Metropolitan Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $30,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $40,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $20,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $30,000!