- A wonderfully conformed and well built filly from the first crop of sought after first-season sire RUBICK, who was a Group-race winning 2YO and Group-race winning 3YO whose yearlings have sold up to $470,000 in 2018
- From the family of brilliant Magic Millions Cup winner CARE TO THINK who was recently runner-up in the Group 3 Liverpool City Stakes & is a leading contender for the Group 1 Kingsford Smith Cup and Group 1 Stradbroke Handicap during the Brisbane Carnival
- Sire RUBICK is by Champion Sire & Sire of Sires, ENCOSTA DE LAGO (114 stakes winners of $177 million) from a multiple stakes winning 2 and 3YO, SLIDING CUBE, a ¾ sister to Champion Sire REDOUTE’S CHOICE
- Bred on the same PROVEN breeding cross that has already produced the likes of CHAUTAUQUA, ZOUSTAR, DELAGO DELUXE & COSMIC ENDEAVOUR (all multiple Group 1 winners)!
- Boasts a 4 x 3 cross to legendary DANEHILL, which has already proven highly successful via Group winners BROADBAND and KISS A ROSE, along with this season’s exciting 2YOs EF TROOP and JONKER etc
- To be trained by multiple Group 1 winning trainers Peter & Paul SnowdenOther highly credentialed Snowden trained runners include; REDZEL, CAPITALIST, EPAULETTE, RUSSIAN REVOLUTION, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, DENMAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT & BENFICA
A proven cross, textbook conformation and a wonderful temperament… there’s a lot to like about this filly!
This exceptional filly is by one of the most promising young sires in the nation with RUBICK’s first crop yearlings already selling up to $470,000 in 2018: with buyers obviously keen to tap into a multiple Group winning son of Champion Sire and Sire of Sires, ENCOSTA DE LAGO. Furthermore, RUBICK is from an exceptional family which includes another Champion Sire in REDOUTE’S CHOICE.
The cross is proven with multiple Group 1 winners CHAUTAUQUA, ZOUSTAR and DELAGO DELUXE all bred on this ENCOSTA DE LAGO / DANEHILL cross.
Out of FASTNET ROCK mare BEAVER ROCKS, there is an aura of size and scope about this filly that emanates from the damsire.
The family is a real active pedigree, with impressive recent Magic Millions Cup winner CARE TO THINK a half-sister to the dam, who was recently runner-up at Group 3 level in the Liverpool City Cup.
The 4 x 3 cross to legendary DANEHILL has already proven highly successful via Group winners BROADBAND and KISS A ROSE, along with this season’s exciting 2YOs EF TROOP and JONKER.
One of the most exciting young stallions in Australia. A Group winning 2YO, a Group 2 winning 3YO, a son of Champion Sire and Sire of Sires in ENCOSTA DE LAGO and is from a ¾ sister to Champion Sire REDOUTE’S CHOICE!
Timeform’s highest raced juvenile of his year (115), RUBICK was trained by Gerald Ryan and won his first 2 starts in his 2YO year, including the Blue Diamond Prelude. Installed second favourite in the Group 1 Blue Diamond, he finished a game fourth.
RUBICK matured into an outstanding 3YO, leading throughout in the Group 2 Schillaci Stakes before another bold performance in the Group 2 Challenge Stakes when third behind Group 1 winner MIRACLES OF LIFE.
With that kind of race record, it was a given that RUBICK would become a popular stallion, particularly when you take into account his marvellous pedigree.
First off, RUBICK is by the Champion Australian Sire ENCOSTA DE LAGO (114 stakes winners of $177 million) whose sire sons include NORTHERN METEOR and MANHATTAN RAIN (sire of 2017 Golden Slipper winner SHE WILL REIGN). Interestingly, as a 3YO, RUBICK was rated equal to the Group 1 winning sprinter NORTHERN METEOR (sire of DEEP FIELD, SHOOTING TO WIN, ZOUSTAR etc.)
However, it’s RUBICK’s female family that has everyone taking notice! RUBICK hails from the multiple stakes winning SLIDING CUBE, in turn a ¾ sister to Champion Sire REDOUTE’S CHOICE, Group 1 winner PLATINUM SCISSORS, and is very closely related in blood to MANHATTAN RAIN and his full brother, the stakes winner and Group 1 Derby runner-up ECHOES OF HEAVEN.
Other close relations include Group winner PRECIOUS LORRAINE, 2YO stakes winner LUCKY RAQUIE and 2017 Group 1 winner SHOALS.
This filly is from the first crop of RUBICK whose progeny have already sold up to $470,000 at the Gold Coast Magic Millions Yearling Sale.
A half-sister to up and coming star CARE TO THINK
By FASTNET ROCK, the dam gives our filly real size, strength and excellent scope.
Beaver Rocks is a half-sister to up and coming star CARE TO THINK who recently won impressively in the Listed Magic Millions Cup over 1400m, and was recently runner-up in the Group 3 Liverpool City Cup.
A winning family, the last four dams have produced 25 foals to race with 21 of them winners, for an exceptional strike-rate of 88%!
The fourth dam, NELISKA, who produced Stakes winner WALKEN, was a Group 1 winner in the South Australian Oaks, and gives this filly a noticeable element of class.
Further Group race winners from the family include Group 1 South Australian Derby winner HARD TO GET as well as Group 3 winners REPUTED GROOM and FUMBLE.
With Beaver Rocks being by DANEHILL line stallion FASTNET ROCK, our filly is bred on the ENCOSTA DE LAGO / DANEHILL cross that has been hugely successful, producing Group 1 winners CHAUTAUQUA, ZOUSTAR, DELAGO DELUXE and COSMIC ENDEAVOUR.
Moreover, the 4 x 3 nick to DANEHILL has worked exceptionally well with the same cross showing up in Group winners BROADBAND and KISS A ROSE, along with this season’s exciting 2YOs EF TROOP and JONKER.