- Powerful colt by exciting first-season sire SIZZLING, the prolific son of SNITZEL, and bred on a similar breeding pattern to Triple Crown’s Group 1 winner REDZEL!!
- A real early-running two-year-old type.
- Bred on a very similar breeding pattern as Triple Crown’s REDZEL, MISS FINLAND, SNITZEL and PERIGNON.
- Out of CUBIC CAT, a superbly bred half-sister to four-time winner and Stakes placed FAMILY PORTRAIT, and from the high-class family of FONTITON.
- Grand Dam is the fast, Stakes placed AMEN RUBY.
- Damsire TALE OF THE CAT is damsire to Royal Ascot winners AMAZING MARIA and CEILING KITTY, along with high-class Australian Stakes winners ADRIFT, FELINES, CONCEALER etc.
- Bred on the same REDOUTE’S CHOICE / STORM CAT cross as Group 1 Australian Oaks winner ABSOLUTELY and Group 1 Australasian Oaks winner ABBEY MARIE.
- This exciting colt will be an early developing type and be targeted towards the Magic Millions before a tilt at the 2yo Triple Crown, including the Golden Slipper, with the intention of giving an immediate return to his owners.
- This will be a ladies only syndicate, with the view of targeting the $500,000 Magic Millions bonus for lady-owned horses.
- To be trained by the rising star of the Sydney training ranks, Bjorn Baker, at his Warwick Farm stable.
- Other top-level horses to have been trained by Bjorn Baker include; MUSIC MAGNATE, WINNING RUPERT, BURBERO, UNENCUMBERED, IMPOSING LASS, EGYPTIAN SYMBOL, CANTONESE, HAVANA REY, LION TAMER, TWILIGHT ROYALE, FUERZA, CANDELARA and BRILLIANT TERROR.
A slick mover, this colt is all class. . .
This formidable colt is bred to be a sprinter/miler. And a quick one at that. From the eagerly anticipated first crop by Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes winner SIZZLING, the only son of SNITZEL to win a Group 1 as a two-year-old to currently stand at stud, this colt possesses a stellar pedigree to race up to a mile, deriving back to the sire of world class sires, DANEHILL.
He is a gorgeous chestnut with a sizable frame, possessing a particularly powerful chest. He has all the makings to be a tough horse, much like his sire, who can handle a testing two-year-old campaign at the highest level.
Our colt has a monstrous stride, and is an excellent mover which radiates class and swagger, with exactly the right conformation.
Stakes performers flow prominently throughout the family, with grand dam AMEN RUBY having earned a black-type placed effort in the Quezette Stakes, while FAMILY PORTRAIT, a half-sister to our colt’s dam CUBIC CAT, was placed in the Listed Cinderella Stakes.
CUBIC CAT is by proven broodmare sire TALE OF THE CAT, who is also damsire to emphatic Royal Ascot winner over a mile, AMAZING MARIA and two-year-old Royal Ascot winner CEILING KITTY. While in Australia he is damsire to Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes winner ADRIFT and Group 3 Concorde Stakes winner FELINES.
He has plenty of two-year-old winners within his family to suggest he could be an excellent candidate for the Magic Millions, while his lengthy stride suggests he has the scope to develop beyond his two-year-old campaign, with the Guineas-type races on his radar. He is bred on the same REDOUTE’S CHOICE / STORM CAT cross as Australian Oaks winner ABSOLUTELY, and Australasian Oaks winner ABBEY MARIE, which displays the quality blood flowing through his veins.
Adding further stature to his pedigree, he has very similar bloodlines to our Group 3 winner REDZEL and four-time Group 1 winner MISS FINLAND.
The only 2yo Group 1 winner at stud by SNITZEL, he possessed speed that was too hot to handle. . .
We have eagerly awaited the first-season crop of SIZZLING. After spotting his potential early, we were the underbidders for him when sold as a yearling, and, after following his career closely, we are delighted to now race his progeny.
The only two-year-old Group 1 winner by SNITZEL to become a stallion, this striking horse held the required levels of precociousness and toughness to go on and win five races in his juvenile year, including the Group 1 TJ Smith and the Sires Produce and Champagne Classic at Group 2 level, over distances from 1200m to a mile.
A winner of six races at stakes level throughout his career, he was an early type who also contested the valuable Magic Millions 2yo Classic, where he finished a close fourth.
A tough horse, SIZZLING often had the temperament to out battle his rivals in the straight, a quality that when combined with his physical prowess and class, made for a formidable racehorse.
In 2015, his full-brother sold for $2,200,000, the highest priced yearling in Australia that year, making his pedigree a valued commodity in racing. And it’s no wonder, with his proven sire line emanating from renowned sire DANEHILL and successful Australian sire REDOUTE’S CHOICE, while his damsire line also derives from lauded North American sire NORTHERN DANCER.
As a first-season sire, much is expected of the first crop from SIZZLING, and our colt is showing the right temperament and physical development to take after his sire.
Being a five-time winner at two and the only progeny of SNITZEL to win a Group 1 at that age and make it to stud, you’ll be racing a colt with the potential to give you an immediate return on your investment.
A winning family, from a proven broodmare sire
You’ll be landing on your feet investing in this colt, with a superb family behind him boasting numerous winners and high-class performers.
CUBIC CAT herself is a half-sister to four-time winner and Stakes placed mare FAMILY PORTRAIT, while her dam, AMEN RUBY, finished runner-up in the Listed Quezette Stakes over 1200m, earning black-type status.
AMEN RUBY has a splendid wider family, being a three-quarter sister to PERSONAL ENSIGN, who retired having won three of her eight starts, including the Listed Northwood Plume Stakes, and as a broodmare she is dam to Inglis Banner and Group 2 Blue Diamond Prelude winner FONTITON.
Third dam, GOLDEN PRAYER, was devastating in her two-year-old season, winning six races, collecting the Group 2 South Australia Jockey Club Stakes and the Listed Walter Brown Stakes in the process.
CUBIC CAT is by a broodmare sire of the highest quality in TALE OF THE CAT, who is also broodmare sire to Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes winner ADRIFT and Group 3 Concorde Stakes winner FELINES, while in Britain, he is damsire to two Royal Ascot winners in AMAZING MARIA and CEILING KITTY.
The cross between REDOUTE’S CHOICE and STORM CAT (sire to TALE OF THE CAT) has already proven successful, with Australian Oaks winner ABSOLUTELY and Australasian Oaks winner ABBEY MARIE being two highly successful horses to emerge from this breeding cross.
The dam family, although containing plenty of sprinting winners, adds extra staying power to our colt, giving us further optimism he will develop well into his three-year-old year and contest the top-quality mile races.
The family of CUBIC CAT is enough to get any racing enthusiast purring, and represents an excellent opportunity to race a colt from a family proven with two-year-old winners.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $10,000,000 Magic Millions race series (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In September 2016, Racing New South Wales announced unprecedented increases in prizemoney, with $204 million on offer for the year to come.
He is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), and BOBS EXTRA eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metropolitan Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $100,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $140,000!
- Metropolitan Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $30,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $40,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $20,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $30,000!