- A magnificent filly by last season’s Champion First-Season sire SMART MISSILE
- Sire a three-time Stakes winner at two, and conqueror of the previously unbeaten two-year-old champion SEPOY and FOXWEDGE
- From the family of scintillating two-time Group 1 winner and 2017 Australian Stakes winner MALAGUERRA, Group 1 Lightning Stakes winner SNITZERLAND, Group 1 Coolmore Classic winner ALOHA, 2YO Magic Millions winner MIRROR MIRROR & new gun 2YO CHAUFFEUR
- Third dam is the brilliant TENNESSEE VAIN, a winner of seven races including the Storm Queen Stakes, AV Kewney Stakes and Magic Night Stakes at Group 2 level and runner-up in the Group 1 VRC Oaks
- A half-sister to two stakes-class horses SWEEPSTAKING & TENNESSEE WILLS and from the family of impressive Group 1 winner ALOHA as well as high-class Black Type winning fillies TENNESSEE MIDNIGHT, TENNESEE MORN, TENNESSEE MIST and TENNESSEE MAGIC = tremendous residual value prospects
- Bred on the same DANEHILL / END SWEEP cross as black-type winner SHE’S CLEAN
- Damsire END SWEEP is a leading broodmare sire to high-class sprinters, and damsire to emphatic Royal Ascot winner ACAPULCO
- To be trained by world-renowned 2016 Golden Slipper-winning trainers Peter and Paul Snowden
- Other highly credentialed Snowden-trained horses include; CAPITALIST, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRINCE OF DUBAI, DENMAN, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, EPAULETTE, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT & BENFICA.
A missile from a prolific family of Stakes winners. . .
By the boom and Champion First-Season sire SMART MISSILE and out of a family possessing Stakes winners simply leaping off the page, this filly’s pedigree is of an elite calibre and should present excellent residual value for her owners upon her retirement from the racetrack.
SMART MISSILE can already boast nine stakes-class horses to his name including the blisteringly quick filly SASSY ‘N’ SMART who derives from the damsire bloodline of MR PROSPECTOR, just like our filly. He is also the sire of Triple Crown’s hugely talented winner and stakes placed JERICHO.
The precocity of SMART MISSILE and the class from the family that brought us MALAGUERRA, ALOHA, SWEEPSTAKING, TENNESSEE MORN, TENNESSEE MIDNIGHT, TENNESSEE MIST, TENNESSEE WILLS, ACADEMIC and TENNESSEE VAIN are evident in abundance.
She is a gorgeous filly, with a lovely, balanced conformation and an elegance to her when she moves. She epitomises the term ‘athlete’ and has an efficiency about her work which will prove a valuable asset.
The first crop of SMART MISSILE have caught the eye of many a good judge, and Chris and Michael were delighted to once again bring back his progeny for the Triple Crown team.
The same DANEHILL / END SWEEP cross produced a fantastic mare by REDOUTE’S CHOICE in 10-time winner SHE’S CLEAN, whose victories included the Group 3 Tibbie Stakes, and also our filly’s half-sister SWEEPSTAKING, who was a two-time winner at two and placed in the Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes.
This filly can be nurtured to build on her two-year-old career and make for an excellent three-year-old, as many of SMART MISSILE’s first crop are demonstrating this season. And there’s no better trainer to entrust the development of our filly than renowned horsemen Peter & Paul Snowden.
An outstanding two-year-old and conqueror of champions
SMART MISSILE exploded onto the scene with victories in his first three career starts. Thrown straight in at Stakes level, SMART MISSILE eased to victory in the Listed Breeders’ Plate on debut.
His greatest triumph came on his next start, as he defeated the previously unbeaten champion two-year-old and subsequent Golden Slipper winner SEPOY with a flying turn of foot to claim the Group 2 Todman Stakes.
After beating FOXWEDGE and HELMET to win the Group 3 Run To Rose Stakes at Rosehill, he came agonisingly close to crowning himself a Group 1 winner, but was denied by a neck in the Golden Rose Stakes after veering out and throwing away certain victory.
With his long, sweeping stride, SMART MISSILE became characterised for swallowing up his rivals in the home straight, posting a rapid sectional of just 10.95 seconds.
SMART MISSILE’s first crop showed talent and ability, he was crowned Champion First-Season Sire and he also announced himself as a Stakes-winning sire when SASSY ‘N’ SMART dominated the Listed Welcome Stakes to win by two and a half lengths. She then stepped up on that performance to be agonizingly denied at Group 2 level, when finishing second in the Matamata Breeders’ Stakes over 1200m.
Racing in the red of Triple Crown is another of his very talented sons in JERICHO, a two-year-old winner and second in the Listed Hampden Stakes.
He is also sire to eyecatchers ROCKETEER, who finished second in the Group 3 Caulfield Classic, and SMART MANOEUVRE, who was narrowly beaten in the Group 3 SAJC Sires’ Produce, while another of his sons, MEDITERRANEAN, finished second in the Listed Rosebud.
SMART MISSILE is an up-and-coming sire you want on your side, for his bullet progeny are continuing to hit the target.
A family where Stakes winners is just the norm. . .
MALAGUERRA, SNITZELAND, MIRROR MIRROR, TENNESSEE MORN, TENNESSEE MIDNIGHT, TENNESSEE MAGIC, ALOHA, TENNESSEE MIST, TENNESSEE JACK, SOOBOOG, TENNESSEE WILLS, TENNESSEE VAIN. The list of Stakes winners to emerge from this family is never-ending and the latest to emerge is the gun two-year-old CHAUFFEUR.
The most recent of these to claim top-level honours is the magnificent MALAGUERRA (pictured), who among his eleven wins has landed the Group 1 Darley Classic and Group 1 BTC Cup. In January of this year he defeated BLACK HEART BART by two lengths to win the Group 2 Australian Stakes at Moonee Valley to affirm himself as one of the best horses in training today.
The family has proven a terrific source of early-racing two-year-old winners, with SNITZERLAND running second in the Golden Slipper, MIRROR MIRROR winner of the Magic Millions, TENNESSEE MORN successful in the Blue Diamond Prelude and Maribyrnong Plate, while half-sister TENNESSEE MIDNIGHT won the Listed Ottawa Stakes at two.
Third dam, TENNESSEE VAIN, was a ruthless winner over distances from 1200m to 2000m, collecting prizes that included the AV Kewney Stakes, the Storm Queen Stakes and the Magic Night Stakes all at Group 2 level, while she finished second in the Group 1 VRC Oaks.
TENNESSEE SUNRISE was herself a winner over 1000m and dam of SWEEPSTAKING, who finished placed in the Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes behind MORE JOYOUS, while she is a half-sister to Stakes-placed gelding IRRUPTION.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . . .
Please note that this magnificent filly is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $5,000,000 Inglis Race Series, including the Inglis Classic (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In September 2016, Racing New South Wales announced unprecedented increases in prizemoney, with $204 million on offer for the year to come.
He is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), and BOBS EXTRA eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metropolitan Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $100,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $140,000!
- Metropolitan Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $30,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $40,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $20,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $30,000!