- Magnificent type by rapidly emerging first season sire & Group 1 winner, WANDJINA from an outstanding family of Group 1 sprinter/milers.
- “This is a cracking colt with magnificent bloodlines. He is built and bred for speed and hails from a family that has produced World Champion Sprinter, ABLE FRIEND and numerous Group 1 winners.” – Michael Ward.
- Incredible genetics. This colt has 20 different genetic influences past his parents and 19 of them have all produced Group 1 winners!
- Already the sire of 2YO stakes horses DEEP CHILL and GRAND SCHOLAR, WANDJINA is one of the rising stars of Australia’s stallion ranks.
- This colt is the first foal from a winning FASTNET ROCK daughter of Group 1 winning 2YO APERCU.
- Selected by Triple Crown’s Chris & Michael Ward.
- To be trained by world renowned pair of Peter and Paul Snowden, trainers of Triple Crown’s 2017 ($10 million) and 2018 ($13 million) The Everest winner REDZEL and 2016 Golden Slipper winner CAPITALIST.
- Other highly credentialed Snowden trained runners include; REDZEL, CAPITALIST, EPAULETTE, RUSSIAN REVOULTION, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, DENMAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT, & BENFICA
A smashing athlete, he’s by an exciting young sire from a family that produces stakes winning, precocious sprinter/milers.
There is such a buzz around the WANDJINA 2YOs and we were definitely keen to add one to the team. They are such lovely types – just like their sire (who made $1 million as a yearling) – but this colt really stood out for us … he has a great deal of presence and we were fortunate to secure him at particularly good value.
The progeny of WANDJINA have only just started racing as 2YO’s but he has already produced some very good stakes horses. Furthermore, this is the first foal of a winning mare by Champion Sire FASTNET ROCK who is a rapidly emerging broodmare sire with the likes of SANTA ANA LANE and co. Actually, while we’re on that track, the next 2 damsires – ENCOSTA DE LAGO and ZABEEL are both champions with nearly 300 stakes winners (over 50 Group 1 winners) between them.
Now throw into the mix this colt’s granddam, a Group 1 winning 2YO in APERCU, several other Group 1 horses and World Champion Sprinter, ABLE FRIEND, and you definitely have the makings of a fast 2YO!
Importantly, and incredibly, when you look at this colt’s family tree there are 20 different genetic influences past his parents and 19 of them have all produced Group 1 winners! Those genetics are unparalleled.
Brilliant Group 1 winning stallion by super sire SNITZEL (87 stakes winners of $131 million)!
WANDJINA was a brilliant juvenile (“the fastest 2YO in my stable” – Gai Waterhouse) who trained on at 3 to capture the Group 1 VRC Australian Guineas, the Group 3 CS Hayes Stakes and would also finish a lip 2nd to Australian Horse of the Year DISSIDENT in the Group 1 All Aged Stakes (CHAUTAUQUA finished 3rd).
The Australian Guineas has produced Champion Sires ZABEEL, FLYING SPUR, PINS etc. and WANDJINA’s renewal was considered “9 lengths above standard” and he split the “two of the best sprinter/milers in the country”.
WANDJINA would also finish just over a length from SHOOTING TO WIN in the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas which has, again, been a tremendous source of stallion talent.
Sold for $1 million as a yearling – a clear indication of his athleticism – WANDJINA is out of the ‘blue hen’ LA BAMBA, whose 10 winners include 4 stakes winners (Group 1 winner INSPIRATION, LUCKY UNICORN, PROVENCE [also dam of 2 stakes winners!] et al.)
WANDJINA’s granddam is also the producer of 9 winners, among them Group 1 winners MASKED PARTY, FESTAL and the dam of Champion 2YO and multiple Group 1 winner DRACULA).
If ever a stallion was poised to make his mark it’s WANDJINA and not surprisingly, he’s off to a flyer with his first crop of 2YOs including DEEP CHILL, a winner in Sydney and 3rd in the Group 3 Canonbury Stakes in February and Tony McEvoy’s GRAND SCHOLAR, 3rd in the Listed Maribyrnong Trial Stakes at her only start.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
- $8,000,000 INGLIS race series (already nominated)
- $3,500,000 Golden Slipper (already nominated)
- $2,000,000 Inglis Millennium (already nominated)
- $1,000,000 Golden Rose (already nominated)
In 2017/18, there was $733,445,379 distributed in prizemoney throughout Australia with stakes increasing by 92% in the last 10 years: the highest of any racing nation in the world. There are also 8 x 2YO races in Australia worth $1 million or greater, whilst the phenomenal $13m The Everest is the pinnacle for the older horses.
The colt is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), BOBS EXTRA and SUPER VOBIS eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $125,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $165,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $35,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $45,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $22,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $32,000!