- Outstanding colt by a multiple Group 1 winner and from a family with so much class!
- “This is an exceptional specimen. He is a big, strong and very athletic type who comes from a proven stakes winner producing family, including the likes of Generalife and Dashing Grenada. He is a ½ brother to the multiple Group 1 placed Sheezdashing and is bred on the same cross as Triple Crown’s Group 1 placed sprinter, Charlie Boy.” – Michael Ward.
- This colt is by the exciting first season sire PRESS STATEMENT, a Group 1 winner as a 2yo and a Group 1 Caulfield Guineas winner as a 3yo.
- A ½ brother to Group 1 placed SHEEZDASHING, this colt is also bred on the same DANEHILL-line/FALBRAV cross as Triple Crown’s Group 1 horse CHARLIE BOY.
- Selected by Triple Crown’s Chris & Michael Ward. Selectors of REDZEL, HOT SNITZEL, PEGGY JEAN, DOTHRAKI, CHARLIE BOY, FLYING SNITZEL, CAVALRY ROSE, MOSS TRIP, MILITARY ZONE etc etc.
- To be trained by world renowned pair of Peter and Paul Snowden, trainers of Triple Crown’s 2017 ($10 million) and 2018 ($13 million) The Everest winner REDZEL and 2016 Golden Slipper winner CAPITALIST, EPAULETTE, RUSSIAN REVOULTION, SHOOTING TO WIN, SEPOY, PRIDE OF DUBAI, HOT SNITZEL, FORENSICS, PEGGY JEAN, DENMAN, GUELPH, EARTHQUAKE, HELMET, SKILLED, PURPLE, MENTAL, COMPLACENT, & BENFICA etc etc.
There is just so much chatter about the first crop of multiple Group 1 winner PRESS STATEMENT and when you see this colt, you’ll know why.
A hugely impressive athlete himself who won at the elite level at 2 before training on to Guineas success at 3, PRESS STATEMENT is really throwing them to type and this bloke is an “exceptional specimen… big, strong and very athletic”.
The pedigree page really catches your eye too: he’s a ½ brother to SHEEZDASHING who ran successive Group 1 placings in the 2018 Oaks in Adelaide and Brisbane, but there’s also a ton of speed up close… 3-time stakes winner and multiple Group 1 placed sprinter, GENERALIFE, CELEBRITY GIRL, NORTHEAST SHEILA, DASHING GRENADA etc.
What also drew our attention – apart from the colt’s athleticism – is that he’s bred on the same proven Danehill-line / Falbrav cross as Triple Crown’s brilliant CHARLIE BOY who was a Group 2 winner of 3 stakes races and Group 1 placed, winning over $900,000 in prizemoney!
What an outstanding racehorse… Group 1 winner & unbeaten as a 2yo, and a Group 1 winner as a 3yo in the ‘sire making’ Caulfield Guineas!
PRESS STATEMENT was a brilliant juvenile who won 3 from 3 including the Group 1 JJ Atkins, which has been captured previously by leading sires such as Luskin Star, Zephyr Zip, Mossman, Show a Heart and Darci Brahma, while his ½ brother PRESSDAY also won the race.
“I believe Press Statement is a better horse than Zoustar and Brazen Beau were at the same stage … he’s a superstar colt” – trainer Chris Waller
A son of FASTNET ROCK’s HINCHINBROOK (16 SWs from his first 4 crops including 2 Group 1 winners), PRESS STATEMENT trained on as a 3yo producing a further 3 wins and 3 Group placings. After winning the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas, Press Statement would finish his career with a victory in the Group 2 Hobartville (easily defeating 3-time Group 1 winner LE ROMAIN), finished a neck second to Le Romain in the Group 1 Randwick Guineas and then ran third behind WINX and KERMADEC in the Group 1 George Ryder.
Apart from being a ½ brother to another juvenile Group 1 winner, PRESS STATEMENT is out of the 9-time winner KAAPTIVE EMPRESS, in turn a ½ sister to the dam of Group 1 winner THE MIGHTY LIONS and Sydney stakes winner MARENOSTRO (10 wins). He is also closely related to Group winner and Group 1 ATC Oaks placed VAQUERA.
Not surprisingly, PRESS STATEMENT was retired to one of the Hunter Valley’s leading farms in Vinery Stud, where he has covered massive books of mares on the back of his first crop of foals: an outstanding example of which is this cracking colt!
Plenty of ‘DASH’ in this pedigree!
Aside from his magnificent looks, this colt is a ½ brother to 2 winners (from as many to race) including the multiple Group 1 placed SHEEZDASHING, who was beaten a head in both last year’s Schweppes Oaks and Queensland Oaks (behind YOUNGSTAR).
DASHING OBERON, meanwhile, is a ½ sister to multiple stakes winner and Group 2 placed, CELEBRITY GIRL, along with the multiple Group placed LADY LAKSHMI and stakes placed ALBAICIN, the dam of 3-time stakes winner and multiple Group 1 placed GENERALIFE.
What’s more, DASHING OBERON’s dam is the Flemington stakes winner and Group 2 placed, DASHING GRENADA, a full sister to NORTHEAST SHEILA (Group winning 2YO and dam of stakes winner JACQUELINE ROUGE) and Flemington stakes winner KABLAMMO (10 wins). Speed, speed, speed!
Importantly, DASHING OBERON is by the highly influential FALBRAV, whose daughters have produced 23 stakes horses including two Group 1 winners. Triple Crown’s very own CHARLIE BOY went close to making it 3 with his 3 Group wins coupled with placings in the Silver Slipper and Group 1 Doomben 10,000, finishing his career with over $900,000 in prizemoney.
Prizemoney opportunities like never before. . .
Please note that this outstanding colt is eligible and suited to target the following races:
In 2017/18, there was $733,445,379 distributed in prizemoney throughout Australia with stakes increasing by 92% in the last 10 years: the highest of any racing nation in the world. There are also 8 x 2YO races in Australia worth $1 million or greater, whilst the phenomenal $13m The Everest is the pinnacle for the older horses.
The colt is also BOBS (Breeder Owner Bonus Scheme), and BOBS EXTRA eligible which means he will be running for millions of dollars in extra bonuses over and above any prizemoney. For example (using some standard race figures):
- Metro Race (Saturday) – Prizemoney = $125,000 plus BOBS up to $40,000. Total on offer = $165,000!
- Metro Race (Midweek) – Prizemoney = $50,000 plus BOBS up to $20,000. Total on offer = $70,000!
- Provincial Race – Prizemoney = $35,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $45,000!
- Country Race – Prizemoney = $22,000 plus BOBS up to $10,000. Total on offer = $32,000!